Grazers

Welcome to the Grazers Blog!

Friday 27 March 2015

Some practical advice from a gardener with roe deer


We have constant deer problems all year round.  I am taking out lilies because they love the new shoots on those, however, last year I sprayed regularly from early sign of shoots and my lily bed was saved and they flowered.  See before photo!

I am introducing deer repellent plants such as lavender, poppy and other aromatics, although I tend to spray everything in the flower borders except daffodil and tulip at the moment.  I have to spray roses, mallow, hollyhock, lupin, anemone, verbena and bergenia .  My veg are cordoned off!

*The strength is 30 ml to 5 litres as you instruct on your box. 

I do it about every 4-6 weeks, sooner if I see that damage has been caused.

I have had some success from using your product, but one has to be organised about remembering to keep up the spaying!

I tell anyone who has deer problems to get some.  I am going to spray my neighbours garden soon, so she can see if it makes a difference to her newly planted shrubs.

 
Roe deer in my garden before using Grazers
 
words and picture sent to us by a gardener in Somerset
 
 
* application rate and frequency can be increased very safely if required